Friday, March 18, 2011

The Future

      Sometimes the news from our country seems unbearable; just as we are coping with the last bombardment of bad news, a new day brings worse. At times I question god, "why does our country have to be so backwards, so regressive"? I am tired of hearing about the "good old times" from my family's collective nostalgia that seems as vivid as yesterday, thirty years later. Could we not be the under(under)dog for once and have some system of progress, maybe even function? Hell, I'd throw my conscience aside and even take the role as exploiter over that of exploited, though I condemn such actions usually.
      Then the resignation sets in, not because of defeat, but because acceptance is a necessary tool in survival. Paired with hope and action, it is that very pragmatism that keeps us realistic with the facts of life and laws of the universe.
       I personally derive a great deal of my inspiration from the potential that this small nation hosts. The intelligence, discipline and perseverance I encounter in the jaspora ayisien can only be a diluted version of the REAL Haitian way, and I respect it. I am motivated by the thought of "what many Haitian kids would do had they my opportunities". They'd shine. And for this reason, they are worth every bit of sacrifice, advocacy and change we can offer, no more no less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropicana- Limonade

Coupe Cloue

Coupe Cloue
Le Roi

Ti Bom (Mon Konpe)